Monday 15 September 2014

Apoorva, Fort - A Treat for Fish Lovers

Apporva definitely Stands out in its price when it comes to the other popular seafood restaurants in the vicinity. Its a very ordinary looking restaurant which has a typical Udipi styled ambiance and the top floor is more like a shady bar.

They serve superb seafood and I have been here number of times. In my past two visits though I wasn't too happy with the Pomfret fish fry and the Prawn Koliwada that I had. Fish fry tasted not freshly fried and fish were small in size. The batter on Prawns too dint taste all that great to me. Anyways, that dint matter much as Apoorva has proved to me how good they are in my past numerous visits, so such minor discrepancies do happen everywhere. They do serve Good fish fries though, try the surmai, pomfret, rawas or even the less famous Lady fish .!!!

The Fish Curries like gassi (surmai, rawas, pomfret-all are Good) and the prawn curry, The bombil fry is a must here as they make it perfect everytime...crisp and oil free. Crab masala is also Mouth watering. All the curries taste Good with the Neer dosa and the bhakris.

Only once did i try the crispy prawn in Chinese and I dint like it much...So lesson learnt that i should stick to the cuisine they are popular for.

I hope on my next visit i get the same old flavors and quality of the Apporva that I remember of since years gone by.

If you want to binge on good fish anytime, without being particular about fancy ambiance and equally fancy food, head to Apoorva, which is why this review is devoid of any pictures as good food being main focus of my review.



No comments:

Post a Comment