Tuesday 5 July 2016

Immunity Booster - Must during the Rainy Season

Immunity Booster
After a long long scorching summer, finally it’s raining ....Yehhhh …. The smell of the damp soil and damp road, makes my heart goes Gaga J.  It reminds me of my childhood days when we used to get wet and play in the rain, make paper boats and let them sail in the flowing water.  It made me reminisce how we would collect those rain-drops and splash them on each other and giggling at every splash.  Also, we would annoy the elders by jumping into the puddle and getting our feet dirty.  Those were the carefree days, no worries, no stress (beside studies & exams). Playing all throughout the day till our energy gave away …. While we would enjoy playing in the rain, I always remember my granny and mom would warn us by saying “Kids don’t play too much in the rain, or else you will fall sick”. But we kids as usual would turn a deaf ear.  Such warnings were mostly accompanied by a list of other do’s & don’t ensuring that we don’t eat outside food or drink unpurified water etc etc… Monsoon was undeniable the season of too many restrictions that as kids we had to endure.

Now reaching adulthood, I’ve realized the quintessential truth behind the rules n regulations imbibed on us by our elders. 

Sitting by my window sill reveling myself to the downpour, I let few raindrops fall on my face and enjoyed the feeling of them trickling down.  The sound of the rain is like music to the ears and a sigh of relief, especially after this long hot summer.  Watching some kids playing in the rain, I wish to reverse the time and re-live my childhood days by drenching myself in the rain again.

Immunity Booster


Nevertheless, as we Welcome the most awaited RAIN after the blazing summer, lets not forget that the water borne diseases also comes along with it uninvited. May it be an adult or a kid, everyone is likely to be susceptible to them.

However, there are always some precautionary measures which need to be taken to safe-guard ourselves.

While I was thinking, I recollected seeing one such remedial recipe on a cookery show.  They called it an ‘Immunity Booster’.  I immediately had the urge to make it and serve it to my family.  This drink is so tasty, that you would want to have daily. Besides its so very easy and quick to make.

Here is the recipe :

Immunity Booster: 

Immunity Booster

Ingredient:
  • Kiwi – 1 whole
  • Plum – 2 -3 
  • Slices of pineapple - 4-5 slices
  • Sugar – 2 tsp or as per taste
  • Salt – as per taste
  • Black salt – as per taste (optional)
  • Ginger – 1”inch
  • Mint leave – 8 – 10 leaves

Method: 

Wash kiwi and plum. Remove the peel of the kiwi. Chop all fruits and put them in the mixer jar.  Add sugar, salt, black salt (optional), ginger, mint leaves and grind it with little water. 

Voila!!! Your Immunity Booster Drink is ready to serve. 

Serve this in a glass with few mint leaves. You may add some ice according to the weather. 

Its as simple as that :) and you are all set to fight those uninvited diseases.


Do try this recipe and feel free to leave your comment below ... Please give your feedback in comment below





No comments:

Post a Comment